Making the Most of Beatnik Shindig
We’re going ape, eyeballing this truly amazing lineup at Beatnik Shindig, so we want to make sure you can dig the scene like it’s meant to be dug…ya dig? So here’s the word on how to make sure your time is made in the shade!
How to get tickets:
The Schedule page shows the complete listing of Beatnik Shindig events. Who’s presenting, on what topics, details, time and duration—it’s all there. Browse the schedule to decide which events you want to attend.
Important: Pay attention to the color-coded time slot to the left of the individual event listings, indicating those events are happening concurrently.
To purchase tickets, click the “Buy Tickets!” button at the bottom of the screen, which will take you to our Eventbrite page. There you can select which events you want to attend, and how many tickets you’ll need for each event.
Make sure to bring your tickets with you to the event!
Got my tickets! What else is happening?
In addition to presentations, discussions, film screenings, and performances, Beatnik Shindig will feature a number of free events.
- Morning Yoga Class
- Hudson Car Show
- The Hudson Club of Northern California will be exhibiting an array of classic automobiles against the backdrop of the San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz.
- All day, each day, local poets will be reading and performing their work throughout Fort Mason Center.
- Exhibits and Vendors
- The Fleet Room at Fort Mason serves as the hub of Beatnik Shindig, featuring an exhibition hall; vendors with books, merchandise, and collectibles for sale; a stage with live jazz; a cash bar, and much more.
- Writing and Self-Publishing Workshops
- Polish your writing to a chromelike shine! Hone your do-it-yourself publishing hustle! Get advice from the experts!
Seating for all events is on a first-come, first-served basis. Expect crowds and waiting in lines—but grab yourself a wristband, and you won’t have to wait! Here’s what you get:
- Free Admission to the Friday Night Beatnik Shindig Pre-Party in North Beach ($25 value)
- Early arrival and private cocktail hour at that very same Beatnik Shindig Pre-Party ($25 value)
- A Beatnik Shindig tote-bag full of terrific SWAG – including a bottle of California wine ($50 value)
- Priority seating to all the sessions where you’ve purchased a ticket (priceless!)
- BONUS: First in line to all the limited seating free sessions at The Reader’s Bookstore (wow!)
Where’s the Grub, Daddy-O?
Making the scene works up an appetite! Luckily there are many convenient restaurants and cafes at Fort Mason (Greens Restaurant, Cook’s & Company, Goody Cafe, and The Interval cafe and bar). Plus, you’re a short distance from the Marina, Fisherman’s Wharf, and North Beach.
Can I Crash at Your Pad?
Any hepcat who’s been around knows the drill—when closing time comes, you don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here! Luckily, we’ve assembled a list of fine local accommodations.