Daytime Events – Fort Mason
Daytime events will be held at Fort Mason Center—right on San Francisco’s waterfront! Fort Mason is a former military depot facility, which now serves as a full-featured conference center, replete with exhibition halls, performance areas, and conference rooms.
Nighttime Events – North Beach
Evening events will be held right in the heart of Beatdom itself—San Francisco’s North Beach! Walk the colorful streets once walked by the Beats, and experience an array of performances, parties, and more!
Driving Directions to Fort Mason
From the East Bay
- Bay Bridge to Fremont St. exit; stay on Fremont (100 yards north)
- Right on Howard (first right off of exit)
- Left onto Embarcadero and go ~ 2 miles
- Left onto Bay and go 2 miles
- Right on Buchanan St.
- Cross Marina Blvd. and take a sharp right into the parking lot
- Keep right and proceed to the Fort Mason Center parking lot
From the North Bay
- Take the Golden Gate Bridge (US 101)
- Head toward San Francisco and exit at Marina Blvd.
- Go 1.5 miles to Buchanan St.
- Left into the parking lot and immediate right toward Fort Mason Center parking
From the South Bay/Peninsula
- Take US 101 North to the 9th St. Exit
- Take 9th Street across Market St.
- Left onto Hayes St.
- Right onto Franklin St.
- Left onto Bay St.
- Right onto Buchanan St.
- Cross Marina Blvd. to enter lot and immediate right toward Fort Mason Center parking lot
Parking at Fort Mason
Enter at the intersection of Buchanan St. and Marina Blvd. Make a sharp right and go past the gate to park in Fort Mason Center (ranges from $2 – $14 based on the length of your stay) or make a left to park along the Marina Green (this lot is free but has restricted hours – please check signs carefully). Free parking may be available on local side streets.
Several bus (MUNI) lines stop close to Fort Mason Center:
- 10 Townsend (comes from the Financial District)
- 22 Fillmore (comes from Potrero Hill, up along Fillmore, stopping just a few blocks away)
- 28 – 19th Avenue (comes from SFSU and stops right outside the FMC gates)
- 30 Stockton
- 47 Van Ness (comes straight up Van Ness, stopping just a few blocks away)
- 49 Van Ness/Mission (comes straight up Van Ness, stopping just a few blocks away)
- 82x Presidio/Wharves Express
Need more help? Try the Bay Area public transportation Trip Planner (511.org)